Orphanet: the international reference for rare diseases
Orphanet offers a range of freely accessible services:
- An inventory of rare diseases and a classification of diseases elaborated using existing published expert classifications.
- An encyclopaedia of rare diseases
- An inventory of orphan drugs at all stages of development.
- A directory of expert resources, providing information on expert clinics, medical laboratories and diagnostic tests, ongoing research projects, clinical trials, registries, networks, technological platforms and patient organisations, in the field of rare diseases, in each of the countries in Orphanet’s consortium.
- An assistance-to-diagnosis tool allowing users to search by signs and symptoms.
- An encyclopaedia of recommendations and guidelines for emergency medical care and anaesthesia.
- A bimonthly newsletter, OrphaNews, which gives an overview of scientific and political current affairs in the field of rare diseases and orphan drugs (in English and French).
- A collection of thematic reports, the 'Orphanet Reports Series', focusing on overarching themes, directly downloadable from the website..